The Mayor of the City of Crestwood, along with the Board of Aldermen, establishes goals and objectives to direct the City and adopts policies and ordinances to meet the community’s needs. The Mayor is elected at-large to a 3-year term, with a three consecutive terms limit. Our current Mayor, Grant Mabie, first served on the Board of Aldermen where he was elected to two terms before being elected Mayor in November 2018. He was re-elected Mayor in 2020.
The Mayor helps lead the City in various ways, including:
- Presides over meetings of the Board of Aldermen
- Exercises a general supervision over the affairs of the City of Crestwood
- Appoints the City Administrator, Municipal Judge and City Attorney for Crestwood, with the advice and consent of the Board of Aldermen
- Serves as Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee and supervises the timely completion of the budget process
- Directs and controls Emergency Management activities
- Appoints citizens to serve on the various Boards and Commissions of the City. If you are interested in possibly serving the City, please contact the Mayor by clicking on this Board or Commission interest form
- Issues Proclamations and Letters from the City. If you have any interest in receiving a ceremonial proclamation or letter from the Mayor, please request one below.
Contact the Mayor
The Mayor looks forward to hearing your input, questions and concerns concerning City matters. Please click here to Contact Mayor Mabie.