By purchasing a swim pass or paying the daily fee, you are agreeing to follow all the rules which have been established for the safety and enjoyment of all patrons. Staff has the discretion to create and enforce additional rules as necessary.
Please enjoy yourself while at the Aquatic Center and assist us in maintaining a safe and pleasant atmosphere for everyone.
- Obey the lifeguards and other pool staff at all times. Our lifeguards are trained to prevent accidents and to perform first responder care, it is your responsibility to make sure your children follow the rules.
- Pool management reserves the right to modify these rules as situations dictate. Failure to follow directions from pool staff may result in removal from the facility with no refund and/or suspension of your pass.
- Everyone entering the facility must pay the daily rate or have a season pass even if they do not plan to swim.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied at all times by a responsible person age 15 or older.
- Swim diapers are required for infants and toddlers swimming in the facility. Positively no disposable diapers of any kind will be allowed. Swim diapers may be purchased at the concession stand
- No coolers, outside food or beverages of any type may be brought into the facility except for water bottles.
- Cameras may only be used inside the facility with a camera pass obtained from the manager. No camera or cell phone usage in locker room areas.
- Chewing gum will not be allowed inside the facility at any time.
- No tobacco products, (smoking or chewing) will be allowed inside the pool enclosure. Those wishing to use tobacco products may have their hand stamped and can then pass outside the facility.
- The possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted inside the facility during normal operations. Use of facility while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is prohibited.
- Running, rough play, roughhousing and obscene gestures or language are not allowed. Determination that these acts are occurring is left solely to the discretion of the pool staff.
- Proper swim attire must be worn at all times (No cut-offs, shorts, leotards, etc.) and appropriate body coverage must be maintained at all times (no thong suits).
- Swimmers with contagious conditions or open wounds will not be allowed admission.
- The City of Crestwood is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. The Lost and Found will be cleaned out each Wednesday prior to opening.
- Appropriate swimming skills must be demonstrated through water testing before using the diving boards or entering deep-water areas. Testing will consist of treading water for 30 seconds and swimming across one width of the competition pool without stopping.
- Patrons wishing to listen to music or other audio on personal devices must use earphones or headphones at a volume that cannot be heard by others.
- No glass containers or any other type of glass allowed inside the facility.
- Avoid prolonged breath holding, this can lead to shallow water blackout and drowning.
- No conversing with guards while they are on duty.
- Footwear is not allowed in the water.
- Family changing rooms are for immediate family members only.
- Pets are not allowed in the Aquatic Center.
- Deck furniture may not be placed in any pool or beach entry, and must remain in a position so as to allow free access to pools at all times. Deck furniture may not be moved off of paved areas.
- The City of Crestwood reserves the right to reduce pool operations or close the pool due to inclement weather and low attendance.
- Diving from the edge of the pool is only allowed in the deep end of the competition pool on the side where the diving boards are located. No flips or somersaults are allowed off of the edge of the pool.
- Inflatable rafts and noodles will be allowed only in the shallow water area of the competition pool when conditions permit. Flotation devices must be Coast Guard approved and labeled as such. No Nerf or other water absorbent balls will be allowed at any time. All other water toys and inflatable are subject to approval by the pool manager.
- Children wearing "floaties" must be within reach of a swimming adult and must stay in the shallow water area.
- Hanging on the lane ropes is not permitted.
- Avoid prolonged breath holding, this can lead to shallow water blackout and drowning.
- Do not cut through or play in the lap lanes or interfere with those swimming laps.
- Two lap lanes will be available during all public swimming sessions for fitness swimming only.
- Lanes use is restricted to ages 12 and older unless accompanied by an adult.
- When 3 or more lap swimmers are using a lane, circle swimming is required.
- Pass in the middle of the lane.
- Divers must complete the deep-water test before being allowed to use the diving boards. No flotation devices or assistance from anyone in the water will be permitted.
- Only one person will be allowed on the board at a time. Persons in line must wait until the previous diver has safely reached the pool ladder before climbing the diving board ladder. Divers should exit the diving well at the nearest ladder.
- No running, cartwheels, multiple bounces or handstands allowed. Divers must dive straight out from the board. Guards may prohibit patrons from attempting dives that they feel may be beyond a diver’s ability to execute safely.
- Users must be at least 48" tall as mandated by the slide maker.
- Only one person will be allowed to go down the slide at a time. The guard will signal when you may begin sliding.
- You should slide feet first, in either a sitting position or on your back.
- No goggles, fins, rivets, zippers, buckles, life jackets or flotation devices, dangling jewelry or watches are allowed.
- Riders should exit splash pool immediately.
- Riders should not stop on the slide for any reason.
- Patrons who are pregnant or have back/heart conditions should not use slide.
- An adult must accompany children under 48" who have not passed the deep water swim test.
- Guests must use tubes supplied by the aquatic center except at specially designated times.
- No noodles or other flotation devices will be permitted.
- No climbing or sitting on the wall in the lazy river. No jumping into lazy river from side of pool. Access the lazy river only by the stairs, beach entry, lift or transfer point.
- No diving anywhere in the river.
- Floaters must follow direction of current at all times.
- No kneeling or standing on tubes.
- No standing or walking on lazy river walls.
- Guests should not block the progress of other users
Family Play Pool
- The family play pool is designed for families with children under the age of 8. Users of this area must use caution at all times while engaging in activities and must be accompanied by a person age 15 or older.
- No horseplay, pushing or shoving and no running.
- Sliders must go down in a feet first, sitting position.
- No suits with metal, zippers, rivets and /or decorations are allowed.
- No deck furniture may be brought into the beach area of the pool.
Lily Pad Walk
- Users must be able to reach the overhead cargo net without assistance and have passed the deep water swim test to use the Lilly Pad Walk.
- One person at a time is allowed on the Lilly Pad Walk.
- No swim fins, masks, goggles, life jackets or flotation devices allowed.
- Climbers must be 48" or taller and have passed the deep water swim test.
- Users must begin climbing from the water.
- Only one person may use each wall or be in the drop zone at a time.
- Climbers may not jump from the wall and should enter water feet first and exit at a ladder.
- Eyeglasses and swimwear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets or metal ornamentation are prohibited.
- Patrons who are pregnant or have back/heart conditions should not use the climbing wall.
Fair Play Policy
Crestwood Parks and Recreation Department offers opportunities for people of all ages and abilities. Our goal is to provide for personal growth in a safe environment. Please assist us in maintaining a safe and enjoyable environment by following our Fair Play Policy. Individuals using parks and recreation facilities are expected to:
- Wear appropriate attire in the Aquatic Center.
- Refrain from using profane language.
- Refrain from placing themselves and/or others at risk (i.e., hitting, fighting, biting, kicking, spitting, etc.).
- Respect one another and one another’s belongings.
- Respect others right to an odor free environment by using proper hygiene and refraining from use of scented products that produce any noticeable smell others may find offensive or to which they have medical sensitivities.
- Not participate in any unlawful activities (i.e., illegal drugs, weapons, vandalism, stealing, etc.).
- Remain with their instructor, follow directions to the best of their ability and refrain from causing disruptions.
Persons who endanger the safety of themselves or others will be removed from the park facility and/or recreation program. Other infractions of the rules will be handled as deemed necessary by the parks and recreation department staff. If children are involved, their parents and/or guardian will be contacted.